Dog diaper fitting and adjustments
Below should help you determine if the size you received is fitting your pet correctly. When you
receive your male/female dog diaper, insert the disposable diaper/pad into the trousers and try
them on your pet. Review the instructions below to ensure you have the correct size.
- This is the correct way the doggie diaper should be fitting on your pet. The square on
their back should be towards the center of their back and not pulled towards their rear-
end. The portion behind the neck should be right at the base of their neck and not
pulled back behind their shoulder area (the shoulder buckles can be tightened to
achieve this). By keeping the garment forward towards their head/neck, will keep the
disposable diaper/pad (inside) in the correct position (the loop behind their neck can be
tightened to achieve this).
- Notice that the garment is loose around her ribs so while she curls into a ball her ribs
can expand without having the fabric restrict her breathing causing discomfort.
- The inserted disposable diaper is "lifted" inside of the garment which hugs the dog's
body, leaving the garment itself to be loose and more comfortable for your pet.
- The elastic legs (the part under the hind quarters) should be snug under each hind leg.
If the elastic hangs/sags, a smaller size is needed.
- The rear-end portion of the trousers should come up to the base of their rectum (and
not cover it up) If there is more than a 1" gap in between the end of the fabric and their
rectum, a larger size is needed or the straps around their tail need to be cinched tighter.
(this only relates to females). If the fabric is covering up their rectum, a smaller size is
- Notice that the disposable baby diaper edges are exposed. Do not fold the corners or
edges of the diaper to conceal it. In doing so may cause urine to roll over the top of the
paper of the disposable diaper and could cause leaks.
- We send along a hang tag which shows how to install the disposable diaper into the
- 1) Open the disposable diaper and fold/crease it lengthwise to shape the diaper in
between their legs.
- 2) There are 4 Velcro flaps. 3 of them will be used at all times. The one closest to the
rear is for females and the one in between their legs is for males. Open the appropriate
rear flap (and leave it open at all times until the garment is ready to be washed). Press
the "soft" Velcro part of the baby diaper (the portion that has a cartoon character on it)
onto the now exposed rough Velcro you have opened up. Notice that you can lift the
diaper quite easily off the Velcro - this is supposed to happen. Once your pet's body is
against the diaper, the Velcro holds the diaper from shifting from side to side and front
- 3) The 2 side flaps are both for males and females. Open both side flaps and insert
each of the "Velcro arms" of the disposable diaper. For males - put the tabs to the
furthest point towards his front legs. For females - put the tabs to the furthest point
towards her back legs. Then close the flaps (pressing the Velcro together) over the top
to keep the arms secure. The diaper is now secure within the trousers.
- The above does not relate to XXXS, XXS, XS, XS Plus. These sizes use an adult Tena
pad. Remove the paper, exposing the adhesive backing and place the pad where most
appropriate for your male or female. There are different absorption levels within pads,
so purchase the type which best suits your pet's urination level.
- The dog diapers are washable. The washing instructions are on the back side of the
tag/label with our logo. "Machine wash warm, no bleach, hang to dry". Drying the
garment on heat deteriorates the waterproofing membrane as well as cracks the buckles
by constantly hitting the sides of the dryer. Drying the garment in the dryer will cause
fraying of the mesh since other clothing, unclosed Velcro flaps, or objects will constantly
rub up against the fabric. Please make sure all Velcro flaps are closed as the Velcro will
definitely snag the fabric in the wash.
- Each dog diaper size is approximately 1-2 inches bigger (XS Series), 2-3 inches bigger
(Small-Med-Large) and 3-4 inches bigger (XL-XXL) than the previous size. With this in
mind, if the size you ordered does not seem to be a perfect fit, it is very likely that the
next size will be.
- There are 6 possible adjustments on the dog diaper. There are a variety of ways to
adjust this for a great fit. The key to proper fitting is the length and the rear legs as
mentioned above. If those are met, the size is more than likely correct and now all you
need to do is adjust all the straps to accommodate your pet.
- If you have all the straps extended as far out as possible, you more than likely need the
next size up. This may not necessarily be the case if it is the side straps only (for weight
gain) that are extended out as far as possible.
- Once you have a proper fit, the trousers work excellent for both male and female dogs
or cats with urinary incontinence.
results. If your dog urinates heavily, you can use a larger size disposable diaper.
- Diapers We suggest using Huggies brand since this brand held urine the best in our test
You can also use Huggies "Overnights" which are available in some sizes and hold
more urine. Disposable diapers are used in garment sizes Small - XXL
urine. There are many absorbency levels within Tena pads. You can purchase
- Pads Unlike a Maxi-Pad, Serenity/Tena pads (like Depends) are specifically made to absorb
any type which fits your pets urination level. Also if you want extra protection for your
male dog, you can purchase Tena "male guards" which are triangular in shape..
Pads are used in garment sizes XXXS, XXS, XS, XS Plus
|A Word About Diapers and Pads